Merchandise, substances and documents that do not comply with the legislation in the origin, destination and any of the transit countries.
Merchandise where the export from the origin country or the import into the destination country is prohibited.
Please note that even though a Road or Economy service has been selected the items may be dispatched by air and you should pay particular attention to the regulations regarding dangerous goods. Similarly, any items packed with ADR labels regardless of their actual content will be considered as a Prohibited Item.
All Dangerous Goods even in limited quantities including: Acids, Adhesive substances, Aerosols (ADR class), Agricultural chemicals, Ammunition, Bacteria, Camping gas, Coals, Corrosive materials, Dry Ice, Diving tanks (Sub aqua), Fire extinguishers, Firecrackers, Fireworks, Flammable liquids, Flammable perfumes, Flammable substances, Flares, Gasoline lighters, Gunpowder, Hydrochloric acid, Items containing Compressed Gases, Lighter fluids, Lighters, Magnetized products, Mercury compounds, Mercury, Motors, Oil based paints, Oxidizing substances, Oxygen-generating chemicals, Peroxides including bleaching powders, Pesticides, Phosphors, Radioactive materials, Toxic and infectious substances, Viruses, Wet batteries and other items not listed that do not comply with ADR. More information can be found at www.unece.org.
Arms, Ammunition, Military equipment and any similar goods
Animals, pets or wild - alive or dead
Biological samplesCash, credit cards, stamps, cheques and lottery tickets
Human remains, cremated or disinterred
Opium and its derivatives, marijuana, cocaine and other narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances.
Original works of art
Perishable Goods or Grocery
Precious Metals and Stones
Shipments prohibited by law (liquids, alcohol, food, plants)
Unaccompanied baggage (not packed baggage, luggage, suitcase)
Food products which may be prohibited by the Plant Protection Act
Health food (Supplements, vitamin pills, etc.)
Fresh food (Vegetables, fruits, etc.)
Items that require temperature management/perishablesDisposable face masks, gloves and gowns, protective eyewear in the form of goggles, glasses or visors and alcohol wipes and hand sanitizer
You can help to ensure that your package arrives safely and your insurance rights are not invalidated by:
- Using an adequate strong, rigid box suitable for the contents to be shipped
- Wrapping all items to be placed in the package separately
- Using adequate cushioning material between items in the package
- Using strong tape designed for shipping packaging
- Removing any old box labels that are not applicable
- Making sure there is an address label that has clear, complete delivery and return information
- Placing a duplicate address label inside the packaging or suitcase
- Adding an attached luggage tag when sending suitcases
- We recommend that you take photos of the package before and after closing
Arms, Ammunition, Military Equipment and any similar goods
Bagged Goods (Non-Containerised)
Documents, Bonds, Deeds, Manuscripts, Passports, Securities and Plans
Containers and suitcases sent without protective packaging
Bulk and Break Bulk Cargoes
Hazardous, Restricted or Controlled Goods
Precious Metals and Stones
Stamps and Treasury Notes
Unprotected or Unpacked Goods
All items on the prohibited items list
If the article you wish to send is included in this list, please contact the carrier directly.
- DHL Customer service: 1-800-225-5345
- UPS Customer service: 1-800-742-5877
- FedEx Customer service: 1.800.463.3339
- For further information, please consult our carrier's Conditions of Sale :