Shipping To Germany
It should be quick, easy, and painless
Need to send a parcel?
You can trust us to deliver your parcels and your promises at home and abroad taking the same care that you would yourself.
We’re equipped with the latest technology and you’ll discover that good quality can also be good value
Germany is currently the third-largest exporter of goods globally and the third-largest importer too.
Having the most affordable delivery prices and full access to Germany, customers choose ShippingToGo to send packages of different sizes to this location.
We know that people need to send items of different sizes and weights, from the smallest parcels to the biggest ones, that’s why we provide a wide range of options to choose from, to fulfill everyone’s needs.
Do not worry about the postage prices because you will not have to pay big amounts of money to send your package overseas.
Get ready for delivery, all you have to do is enter all the details regarding your parcel delivery and you will have the possibility to select one of our couriers like UPS, FedEx, DHL, and much more.
It’s always you who chose the courier.
Whether your requirements include fast shipping times or cheap shipping due to a shoestring budget, you are free to pick the most suitable or economical option.
Shortly, you get to know exactly the amount of money you have to pay for the international shipping service chosen and the amount of time it takes for the package to reach the correct destination.
Choose the pickup destination and send it to Germany!
Fill in the information required for your parcel.
Pick the courier service!
Send my Parcel!
Several items are prohibited from shipping Germany, some less obvious than others are:
- Lithium batteries
- Live trees and plants, including cut flowers and ornamental foliage
- Liquids with an alcohol volume of 82% and above
- Toy weapons
- Video Games
Shipping has never been easier. Ship your parcel in a few steps!
Always Cheaper than any other company!
Main steps you should follow to ship to Germany
To ship to Germany, you’ll need to follow these steps:
1. Choose a shipping method (e.g. air freight, sea freight, courier service, etc.)
2. Pack the items you want to ship securely.
3. Label the package with the recipient’s address and contact information.
4. Choose a shipping carrier (e.g. FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.) or shipping service provider.
5. Pay for the shipping cost, which will depend on the weight, size, destination, and shipping method.
6. Arrange for pick-up or drop-off of the package.
7. Track the shipment until it reaches the recipient in Germany.
Types of Shipping
Air Freight Shipping: Pros & cons
Air freight shipping has the following pros:
1. Speed: Air freight is the fastest mode of shipping, making it ideal for time-sensitive shipments.
2. Reliability: Air freight carriers have well-established networks and generally offer reliable delivery times.
3. Door-to-door delivery: Most air freight services offer door-to-door delivery, providing a convenient and hassle-free solution for shippers.
4. Security: Air freight shipments are generally considered to be secure, making it a good option for high-value or sensitive items.
However, air freight also has the following cons:
1. Cost: Air freight is the most expensive shipping option, making it less suitable for budget-conscious shippers.
2. Restrictions on size and weight: Air freight has restrictions on the size and weight of shipments, which can limit the types of items that can be shipped.
3. Carbon footprint: Air freight is a significant contributor to greenhouse gas emissions, making it a less environmentally friendly option compared to other shipping modes.
4. Complexity: Air freight is more complex than other shipping modes and requires more documentation, making it less suitable for novice shippers.
Sea Freight Shipping: Pros & cons
Sea freight shipping has the following pros:
1. Cost-effectiveness: Sea freight is the most cost-effective shipping mode, especially for large or heavy shipments.
2. Suitable for large shipments: Sea freight can accommodate large shipments, making it an ideal option for bulk deliveries.
3. Infrastructure: The global shipping industry is well established, providing a reliable and extensive infrastructure for sea freight shipments.
4. Environmentally friendly: Compared to air freight, sea freight has a lower carbon footprint and is generally considered to be more environmentally friendly.
However, sea freight also has the following cons:
1. Speed: Sea freight is the slowest shipping mode, making it less suitable for time-sensitive shipments.
2. Inflexibility: Once a shipment is on board a vessel, it can be difficult to change the destination or delivery schedule.
3. Risk of damage: Sea freight shipments are exposed to rough seas and rough handling, increasing the risk of damage to shipments.
4. Complexity: Sea freight is more complex than other shipping modes and requires more documentation, making it less suitable for novice shippers.
land shipping pros and cons
Land shipping, also known as road freight or trucking, has the following pros:
1. Flexibility: Land shipping is flexible and can reach areas that may not be accessible by sea or air, making it a good option for shipments to remote locations.
2. Door-to-door delivery: Most land shipping services offer door-to-door delivery, providing a convenient and hassle-free solution for shippers.
3. Cost-effectiveness: Land shipping is often less expensive than air freight and more flexible than sea freight, making it a good option for budget-conscious shippers.
4. Speed: Land shipping is faster than sea freight and can be as fast as air freight, depending on the distance and mode of transportation.
However, land shipping also has the following cons:
1. Limited by geography: Land shipping is limited by geography and may not be available for shipments to certain countries or regions.
2. Vulnerability to weather: Land shipping can be disrupted by weather conditions, such as snow, floods, and road closures, affecting delivery times.
3. Security: Land shipping is vulnerable to theft and pilferage, making it a less secure option compared to air or sea freight.
4. Inflexibility: Once a shipment is on the road, it can be difficult to change the destination or delivery schedule.
Tips to Pack a Parcel while Shipping to Germany
Here are some steps to follow when packing a parcel for shipping to Germany:
Choose the right box: Select a sturdy, corrugated cardboard box that is slightly larger than the items you are shipping. Avoid using used boxes, as they may not provide enough protection for your items.
Fill the box: Fill the bottom and sides of the box with cushioning material, such as bubble wrap, packing peanuts, or crumpled paper, to prevent the contents from shifting during transit.
Pack items securely: Wrap each item individually and place them securely in the box. Make sure that the items are snugly packed and that there is no movement inside the box.
Seal the box: Close and seal the box with heavy-duty packaging tape, making sure to reinforce the bottom and top seams.
Label the box: Attach a shipping label to the outside of the box, including your name, address, and contact information, as well as the recipient’s name and address.
Declare value: If the contents of the box have a value higher than the standard coverage provided by the shipping company, consider purchasing additional insurance or declaring the value of the contents on the shipping label.
Consider customs: If you are shipping items from outside of Germany, consider the customs regulations and requirements for the country and make sure that the items you are shipping are allowed to be imported.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your parcel arrives safely and securely in Germany.
Best Courier Companies to ship in Germany
Here are some of the best courier companies for shipping within Germany:
DHL: A well-established global courier company with a strong presence in Germany.
Shippingtogo: A popular courier company in Germany, known for its competitive prices and flexible delivery options.
UPS: A global courier company with a strong reputation for reliability and security.
FedEx: A global courier company with a reputation for fast and reliable delivery.
DPD: A European courier company with a strong presence in Germany, known for its innovative delivery solutions.
GLS: A leading European courier company with a strong presence in Germany, offering a range of delivery services.
These courier companies offer a range of services, including express delivery, standard delivery, and economy delivery, to meet the needs of different customers.
How to choose the best shipping company?
Here are some factors to consider when choosing the best shipping company:
Delivery time: Consider the delivery time required for your shipment and choose a company that can meet your deadlines.
Cost: Compare the costs of different shipping companies and choose the one that offers the best value for money.
Reliability: Consider the track record of the shipping company and choose one that has a proven history of reliability.
Type of goods: Consider the nature of your shipment and choose a company that has experience and expertise in shipping similar goods.
Security: Choose a company that takes security seriously and has measures in place to protect your shipment.
Insurance: Consider the level of insurance offered by the shipping company and ensure that it is adequate for your shipment.
Customer service: Choose a company that has a strong reputation for customer service and is responsive to your needs.
Location: Consider the location of the shipping company and choose one that has a strong presence in the region where your shipment will originate and be delivered.
Reputation: Read reviews and ask for recommendations from others to get a sense of the shipping company’s reputation in the market.
Flexibility: Choose a company that is flexible and can accommodate changes to your shipment, if necessary.
Factors of Shipping Cost
The cost of shipping is determined by several factors, including:
Distance: The distance between the origin and destination of the shipment is one of the most significant factors in determining shipping costs.
Weight and volume: The weight and volume of the shipment are also important factors in determining shipping costs, as they determine the amount of space required on the shipping vessel or aircraft.
Mode of transportation: The mode of transportation used (air, sea, or land) affects the shipping cost, with air freight being the most expensive and sea freight being the least expensive.
Type of goods: The type of goods being shipped can also affect the shipping cost, as some goods may require special handling or packaging, increasing the cost of shipping.
Origin and destination: The location of the origin and destination can affect the shipping cost, as certain regions may have higher transportation costs due to logistical or infrastructure challenges.
Service level: The level of service requested (express, standard, or economy) also affects the shipping cost, with express delivery being the most expensive and economy delivery being the least expensive.
Seasonal demand: Shipping costs can be affected by seasonal demand, as demand for shipping services tends to increase during peak shipping seasons, leading to higher costs.
Competition: The level of competition in the shipping market can also affect the shipping cost, as companies may offer discounts or promotions to win business.
Why to work with ShippingToGo?
Shippingtogo is considered one of the best shipping companies for several reasons:
Global network: Shippingtogo has a vast global network, with operations in over multiple countries and territories, making it one of the largest and most comprehensive logistics companies in the world.
Reliability: Shippingtogo has a strong reputation for reliability and is known for delivering shipments on time and in good condition.
Range of services: Shippingtogo offers a wide range of shipping services, including express delivery, standard delivery, and economy delivery, to meet the needs of different customers.
Technology: Shippingtogo invests heavily in technology to improve the efficiency and accuracy of its shipping services, making it easier for customers to track their shipments and receive real-time updates.
Security: Shippingtogo places a strong emphasis on security and has measures in place to protect shipments from theft, damage, and loss.
Customer service: Shippingtogo has a strong reputation for customer service and is known for its responsive and helpful support teams.
Sustainability: Shippingtogo is committed to sustainability and has made significant investments in renewable energy and reducing its carbon footprint.
Innovation: Shippingtogo is known for its innovative approach to logistics and is always exploring new ways to improve its shipping services and meet the changing needs of its customers.
These factors, combined with its strong brand and financial stability, make Shippingtogo a popular choice for customers who value reliability, efficiency, and quality in their shipping services.
In conclusion, shippingtogo can be an efficient and reliable way to send packages, documents, and goods. There are several options for shipping, including air freight, sea freight, and land shipping, each with its own pros and cons.
However, to choose the best shipping company, it is important to consider factors such as reliability, speed, cost, and the range of services offered.
When packing a parcel for shipping to Germany, it is important to choose a sturdy box, fill it with cushioning material, and label it clearly. By following these steps and taking into account customs regulations, you can ensure that your shipment arrives safely and efficiently in Germany.